Guidelines for Becoming a PA Fishing License Holder

A fishing license is not required to fish in the State of Washington. However, it is highly recommended. The license proves to people that you are a legal resident of the United States and also demonstrates to the fish that you obey the fishing laws of the State. Without a license, you can obtain fishing rights, but you cannot fish legally, and the penalties for fishing without a license can be very serious. As a result, you should carry your license with you at all times.

General Fishing Licenses (views state residency requirements.) Type: Reside & Annual Fee Nonreside Fee Type: Annual Residence Type: Reside & Annual Fee

In addition to being required by law, all persons who plan on fishing in Washington State waters (including non-residents of the state) must display a valid PA fishing license while fishing. There are various classifications for the different classifications of license holders. Anglers with Class One licenses may fish up to three times a day and can fish up to 200 pounds. The second class of license holder may fish up to four times a day and fish up to two hundred pounds. The third class of license holder may fish up to six times a day and fish up to one thousand pounds.

The first time you apply for a PA fishing license or permit, you will need to visit the Department of Fish and Wildlife office in Yourtown or Bethlehem. You will need all of the following information at this time: valid PA fishing license or permit, photo ID, age, address and contact number. Please allow at least fourteen working days for processing of your application. It is not unusual for anglers to be out of town for the Christmas holidays.

There are also a few other options if you plan on getting a PA license and permit. First, if you are a bona fide resident of another state and wish to have your fishing activity certified in your name as a PA permit and license, you must visit the city hall in the town in which you reside and register as an actual citizen. You must also pay any necessary fees to the city, including sales tax. This option is ideal if you live outside of city limits and want to fish in the central part of the state, but live in the city.

You may also want to check with the Department of Environmental Protection regarding their own policies regarding fishing and owning a boat. In the case that a boat or tackle box is sold or damaged within the city’s waters, the DEP will inspect it and repair or dispose of it. In the case that immediate family members are harmed in a boat accident within city waters, the DEP will make every attempt to seek restitution for such damages. The Department of Fish and Wildlife can also be contacted should a fisherman be injured or have damage to property while using city waters. The DEP will help make sure that proper protocol is followed in these situations and that the rights of the citizens are protected.