Don’t Try This at Home – Are you kidding me?
Here are some of the coolest folding pocket knife tricks you will come across. Now remember that you have to practice and practice with a butterfly knife before you want to perform these tricks in front of anyone. Anyone with a Balisong knife trainer can practice and master these tricks in time.
Now whenever you use a knife be prepared to get a little nip here and there. I am saying that because any injuries caused by doing these tricks are at you and not this site or the makers of the videos.
1. Butterfly knife tricks for beginners
2. Double Butterfly Knife Tricks
Two knives at once
3. How to do butterfly knife tricks easy beginner
4. How to open a butterfly knife for beginners
5. Best butterfly knife trainer at Amazon
Best butterfly knife trainer Amazon
Also have a look at some of the other videos which looks at things like self defense with a pocket knife, knife versus gun and some pretty ladies throwing knives. More videos will be coming soon.
Review Knife Throwing 101 – Mythbusters Discovery
Deadly Knife Throwing Women Knife Throwing Women
Four Easy Pocket Knife Tricks For Beginners
A lot of people ask the question: What are knife tricks? Well, in short, they are small knife tricks that will allow you to open a knife with a knife handle without having to use any knife. For example, you can perform a reverse grip or a flick opening. You can also do some chopping and slicing with the wrong hand. Keep reading for more information.
Beginners & Intermediate Tutorial of Pocket Knife Tricks
Here are two examples that I would like to share with beginners and intermediate martial artists.
1. First up is the flip-flop. For those who aren’t familiar with this trick, the way it’s performed is pretty simple. All you do is take the center part of the knife (the part that covers your thumb) and cover it with your thumb. Then flip your palm over so that it is now facing down, and you hold the knife out straight at a 90 degree angle to the ground.
If you perform this trick correctly, then the “Flip” part of the flip is where you actually flip your palm over. To perform the butterfly knife flip, the wielder should stand with one leg forward in a regular stance. In a low guard position, the wielder should be able to reach above the waist with both hands. The person who performs this trick whether kitchen knife tricks or others should then bring the knife back down in a sweeping motion, and the wrists should rotate naturally. This is the basic technique used by many knife tricks.
2. The second example of knife tricks involves the pinwheel. The key to this trick is that it must be properly done. The basic steps involve rotating the pins with the thumb and then twisting them together. The reason this is done is to confuse the opponent, as to whether the knife is being used for an offensive or defensive advantage. Many beginners are wary of using pocket knives, and as a result it can be quite difficult to perform these knife tricks.
Using Two Handles
3. This example involves two handles, one in each hand, with the blade hidden in one. To do this trick, the knife owner holds one handle of the pocket knife under each hand. One of the handles is hidden beneath the other, and the knife is rotated between the two handles. The outcome of this trick relies heavily on how good the knife owner is to hold the knife. It can take some practice, but eventually anyone can perform a successful pinwheel.
4. Knife tricks are very popular among many beginners and experts alike, as they allow the user to have an “Open Position” with their knife. This is different from a traditional “Closed Position”, as there is no space in which the knife can be held open while in the “open position”.
The Open Position
The Open Position is achieved by flipping one’s wrist back towards the body with one foot forward. It is a common mistake for beginners to hold a knife in this manner, though it has long been recognized as a dangerous way to operate a pocket knife. The safest handle to flip when performing a knife trick is a full-length wrist back handle, as it provides balanced and stability.